We welcome students to Farleigh Further Education College who:
- Are aged 16 to 21 upon entry
- Have a diagnosis of Asperger Syndrome or another condition within the autistic spectrum and acknowledgment of the diagnosis
- May have additional needs such as dyspraxia or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder but the primary diagnosis will be Asperger’s syndrome or an autistic spectrum condition
- Are motivated towards coping within a mainstream college environment
- Are willing to access specialist services and other support/therapy
- Are able to demonstrate high levels of motivation in order to work towards targets for social, academic and independence skills set by college staff
- Do not have significant medical care needs that require a medical practitioner to be on-site
- Demonstrate a positive attitude to learning
- Aspire towards becoming an independent adult and are willing to achieve this goal
Farleigh Further Education College offers a highly personalised admissions process. We carefully consider each student’s individual circumstances and level of need so that we are confident the college can provide a well-matched high quality placement for the young person.
Admissions usually follow an eight-step process:
Initial contact with Farleigh Further Education College is made by careers advisor, student or student’s family/guardian.
Student’s paperwork received for consideration by Farleigh Further Education College.
Acknowledgement of receipt of paperwork within three working days.
Decision made by Farleigh Further Education College on ability to meet student’s needs. Students whose needs cannot be met are informed in writing at this stage. The remainder of applicants are invited for an admissions assessment.
Admissions assessments are held to gain further information as to whether or not the student’s needs can be met. Students and their parents/caregivers are welcome to attend the admissions assessments.
Farleigh Further Education College will confirm an offer of a placement within 14 days of admissions assessment.
Final offer of placement subject to funding agreement.
Admissions open days
Farleigh Further Education College runs a series of monthly admissions open days throughout the year. These are the perfect opportunity to have a look around, get a feel for the college, meet staff and students and ask any questions you may have. We welcome you to join us, please phone to make an appointment.
For more information
Farleigh Further Education College understands that choosing the right educational setting is an important decision, and one not to be taken lightly. Whether you are a parent, guardian, commissioner or young person looking for a placement with us, we will be happy to answer any questions you may have. For more information about admissions, or to make a referral, please contact Sandie Tracey by email firstname.lastname@example.org