The Priory Group has performed analysis of its educational data to measure outcome success and the positive impact they have on people’s lives. The data illustrates how the company is leading the way in independent education for people with complex needs.
Priory Education Services provides both day and residential specialist education and care for young people aged 5 to 25 at 27 schools and colleges. Services meet the needs of young people with challenging emotional and behavioural difficulties, complex and severe learning difficulties as well those suffering from autistic spectrum disorders.
The educational offering at the Priory covers an enviable range of subjects, from core topics such as maths, English and sciences through to astronomy, catering, design, music and sociology. Awards available also range from GCSEs to BTEC, City & Guilds and Entry Level Certificates (ELCs).
Highlights from the outcomes data include:
- 54% of year 11 students entered for GCSEs gained 5+ grades A* to G, which is more than double the national figure for independent special schools
- Of the students who entered any ELCs 100% achieved one or more awards
- 98% of 16 year old leavers went on to further education, employment or work related training
- Average attendance, including authorised absence, across all students was 98%
- In total, during 2011/2012 academic year, 265 accredited awards were achieved by 273 students
- 91% of learners achieved their primary programme of learning
Helen Sharpe, Managing Director of Priory Education Services, said: "Ensuring the best possible outcome for the people using our services is of paramount importance. Our outcomes data illustrates the exemplary services we offer and the tangible impact and life changing effect it has on people’s lives.
"The diversity of our subject offering rivals some of the best schools in Britain. By providing the right levels of support and consistent methods of teaching, people with complex needs can achieve their goal. Witnessing these successful outcomes is one of the most rewarding parts of our jobs. We genuinely are helping people to fulfil their potential."
The full report is available at www.priorygroup.com/education
For more details on Priory Education and Children's Services, please call 0118 970 8068 or click here to make an enquiry.