Although it can be hard to spot the early signs, children with autism develop differently from other infants. For example, they have difficulties with social communication and interaction.
A child is not likely to display every symptom of autism exactly as the textbook says; however, there are 10 signs of autism to watch out for which we highlight below:
- Inability to relate to children or adults
- Poor speech or lack of speech
- Over-sensitive or under-sensitive to sound and light
- Difficulty dealing with changes in routine
- Inappropriate laughter or crying
- Lack of awareness to danger
- Hyperactivity or passiveness
- Attachment to objects
- Lack of eye contact
- Lack of understanding of the functionality of a toy
Download our new brochure
We have recently translated our brochure into Arabic and Russian; please click the links below to view this brochure. If you would like to access more of our helpful marketing materials, please get in touch.
Contact us today
For more information on our British SEN schools and colleges, or to become a Priory Education and Children’s Services agent, please call +44 (0)208 108 2571. Alternatively, click here to arrange a call back at a time convenient to you.
We would also be more than happy to show you around one of our schools or colleges. Please contact us when you are next in the UK to arrange a FAM tour.