Fostering is a career that changes people’s lives – theirs and yours. Many people have heard how rewarding it can be to become a foster carer but are unsure if they would be able to. While you do not need any formal qualifications to become a foster carer with us, there are certain skills and experience which we believe allow you to best meet the needs of children and young people.
What are the requirements for becoming a foster carer?
- Do you have the time and energy to invest in a child or young person?
- Can you communicate well with children and young people and others involved in their care?
- Are you able to be flexible and non-judgmental, as well as patient and understanding?
- Do you have a spare bedroom(s) for foster children?
- Do you have a valid driving licence and access to a car?
- Do you have access to a computer and the internet?
- Do you have a good sense of humour?
- Are you willing to undergo an enhanced criminal records check?
- Are you willing to undergo a full medical?
Does my background or marital status matter?
We actively encourage applications from new carers from diverse backgrounds, to reflect the backgrounds of the young people in the care system. You can apply to be a foster carer regardless of your:
- Marital status
- Residential status
Take the next step to becoming a foster carer
To find out more, please contact our friendly team by calling 01684 560 333 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org