Outcomes for Young People
We measure outcomes in the following ways:
- Progress towards social and emotional targets;
- Progress in academic work;
Progress towards social and emotional targets
This is measured using a scale that looks at five areas of learner behaviour:
- Communication for Learning with Adults
- Communication for Learning with Peers
- Impact of Mental Health on Concentration
- Willingness to Engage
- Hope for the Future.
For young people that were discharged in the academic year 2016 to 2017 the average progress was Good, 88% of pupils made good or outstanding progress.
Progress in academic work
New measures to record progress in academic work have recently been introduced and use a scale that whereby pupils are graded as visiting, emerging, developing, securing or mastering skills, knowledge and understanding.
Of the 71 young people discharged to the community from our school in the academic year 2016 – 2017:
- 73 % returned to their home school or college
- 13 % took up a place at a new school or college
- 6 % took up a placement with a training provider.