Unsted Park School and Sixth Form welcomes international learners. Our Tier 4 status means we are registered to provide education and residential care for young people from around the world.
A respectful environment
The college is respectful of individuals’ cultural, language and religious needs. We are able to meet the needs of a diverse pupil population and support those of various backgrounds to maintain their cultural and religious practices, including catering for young people who require a special diet (e.g. Halal).
Ensuring a smooth welcome for international learners
Staff are trained ahead of the arrival of an international learner to ensure they are aware of and able to meet any specific needs that the young person may have. We are also able to put parents/carers in touch with a range of recommended support services to help make the admissions process as smooth as possible for international learners. These include:
- Airport pick-ups
- Trained and qualified chaperones to accompany children when travelling
- Assistance with organising visas for the young person
- Additional English language tuition
- Arranging translators for the young person and/or family/carer during visits
- Assistance with finding local accommodation for family when visiting their child
Supporting learners with English as an additional language (EAL)
Unsted Park School and Sixth Form seeks to ensure that those pupils with EAL are not disadvantaged by their language difficulties and are provided with high quality support to ensure they have equal access to learning as their peers.