Every element of the educational programme at Tor View School centres on the individual needs of the young people. This includes:
- A multidisciplinary approach to teaching
- An emphasis on individual student achievement and personal development
- A safe, structured, positive and stimulating environment to meet the needs of the people we support
- Individual timetables for each individual, built around their interests
- A well-equipped school and learning environment, as well as a range of communal areas, including a student surf café
- A broad and balanced individualised curriculum, to help young people lead fulfilling, happy and meaningful lives
- An educational psychologist, speech and language therapist and occupational therapist
- Opportunities to learn in the community
- Partnerships with each young person, their parents, carers, social workers and health and employment/training services, to achieve the implementation of plans and best possible outcomes
Tor View School’s curriculum offer
Tor View School’s curriculum is based around developing the students’ key skills in English and Maths as far as possible, through the medium of a thematic, cross-curricular, practical and vocational offer of subjects.
Therapeutic input is fully integrated into our teaching offer and ensures that we are always focused on developing our students’ social, communication and emotional regulation skills, and provide access to their local community to maximise their potential.
Our curriculum is focused on offering an irresistible invitation to learn for our young people, and placing learning and therapy input into as wide a range of situations as possible, to maximise the generalisation of learned skills.