Located within a small village in South Yorkshire, The Cloisters supports young people between the ages of 9 and 18 years with a range of needs. This includes social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) needs, and behaviours that challenge.
Registered with Ofsted, the beautiful six-bedded children’s home occupies a private and quiet setting in a rural location adjacent to farmland, with panoramic views of woodlands and open countryside. The service is also well placed for facilities in the village and nearby towns, as well as being easily accessible from motorways.
We offer a safe, homely, nurturing and relaxed, yet structured environment. This encourages the young people to develop their social, educational and practical skills, as well as enjoy an active and fulfilling life in beautiful surroundings.
The majority of the young people we support will also receive individually tailored education provided by Priory’s Eastwood Grange School, or a bespoke educational package can be discussed at the referral stage, including post-16 education.
The Cloisters enables the young people we support to:
- Help understand their problems/issues and implement ways of alleviating them
- Learn how to manage their behaviour with self-discipline and clear boundaries
- Develop independence skills within a safe, secure and structured environment
- Become empowered to make their own choices, which will lead to a positive future
The whole ambiance of the children’s home, including the décor, furniture and accessories, is designed to encourage warmth and stability. We offer a wide range of spacious facilities for the young people to enjoy. These include:
- A large family style lounge
- A separate dining room
- A fully-equipped modern kitchen
- Individual bedrooms, which can be personalised
- 2 bathrooms and 2 shower rooms
- A computer area and several additional communal areas
- A well-maintained garden
Developing life skills
The Cloisters provides opportunities for the young people to further develop their life and independence skills, through a range of in-house and external planned activities in the evenings and weekends.
With an ideal rural location which is close to the nearby village, the children’s home also benefits from being close to shops, a swimming pool, library and other amenities.