We aim to help young people to develop socially acceptable behaviour at Southern Peninsula Services (formerly Devon Education and Children’s Services). This is achieved by providing a coherent, predictable and reliable daily routine. We follow an approach that values each individual, celebrating their individual achievements and demonstrating that each young person is a valued individual.
This has been illustrated through being awarded a Good judgement in our Ofsted inspection (July 2015), the schools Quality Mark Award (2014) supported by a positive interim report in February 2016.
Students’ achievements and progress are celebrated through their involvement in:
- A proactive student voice
- An available stall at Tavistock market one day a week, staffed by pupils
- Charity and fundraising events
- Open days
- Activity weeks in the summer term
- An adventurous curriculum, with trips out locally to the moors and the coasts, residential trips home and abroad, outdoor pursuits
- Work experience and college placement opportunities