Accessibility Options
Text Size
High contrast
Contact Numbers
Referrals 0118 970 8068
General 0800 138 8680
Referrals 0118 970 8068 General 0800 138 8680
Explore This Section

Transitioning services

Transition into college  

If a young person is in post-16 education, the staff at the school will support them with maintaining a placement. Regular contact will be made to the college to ensure that all college work is made available to the young person to access and complete. Work  will then be returned to the college for marking to ensure they can check progress made. In preparation for discharge, a re-integration plan will be put in place and sessions at the college will be arranged to allow for a successful re-integration.

Transition into adult care services

If a young person is approaching 18 years of age, the hospital staff will ensure that a successful integration into adult care services is put in place prior to discharge. This may include finding a suitable adult acute unit or a transition from community CAMHS to adult care services.

If a young person is NEET, the deputy head teacher will contact the local authority NEET provision and arrange for the team to arrange visits to the young person’s home prior to discharge to ensure appropriate provision is in place.