Understanding Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA)27 April 64
Direct quotes from our latest Ofsted School Report:
- "The behaviour of students is outstanding. Many had considerable periods out of education prior to joining the school and all display extremely challenging behaviour when they first join."
- "Almost all students start to make expected progress in English and mathematics from their low starting points. A high proportion make better than that expected progress."
- "High expectations mean work is not too easy and opportunities are sought to bring areas of student interest into teaching to support engagement and involvement."
- "The most able students are identified and are given greater challenge in their work. This is reflected in rising attainment and their enhanced accreditation."
- "All students are supported in gaining accreditation in both academic and vocationally based qualifications by the time they leave."
- "All current Year 12 Pupils have secured either further education (college) placements, training and or apprenticeships."