Our curriculum is designed to ensure the learning that takes place at Quay View School is relevant, engaging and motivating. It is shaped to provide a learning journey to best prepare pupils for the opportunities, experiences and responsibilities of adult life. We place a strong emphasis on addressing each individual’s social and emotional needs.
We recognise that children at Quay View School have specific, diverse and individual needs and our curriculum aims to reflect and meet these. Our ultimate goal is that the children are able to become active learners who are moving towards independence, autonomy, control and choice, and learning to effectively communicate their needs, wants and opinions.
We aim for our curriculum to enable students at Quay View School to:
- Communicate their needs, wants, opinions and thoughts through the most effective means for them as individuals
- Be active learners
- Develop their social skills so that they can engage and interact with others to the best of their ability
- Develop skills for learning so that they can effectively access the curriculum
- Access learning opportunities that are relevant coherent, broad and balanced
- Active and live a healthy lifestyle
- Access a clearly structured day with routine which they can recognise and understand
- Develop their skills to promote fuller participation in home, school and community life
- Develop motor control and physical independence, including the enjoyment of participating in a range of physical activities