Priory Lodge School is committed to demonstrating to pupils how different communities can be united by shared values and common experiences.
We believe that learning does not stop the moment our pupils leave the classroom. In fact, we work to actively develop a wealth of academic, emotional and social opportunities for our young people to develop and learn within the local community.
- Enriching pupil’s individual learning programmes via links with mainstream primary, secondary and special school provision in our area. Some pupils attend part of their learning programme within a mainstream provision with 1:1 support from Priory Lodge School staff
- Supporting pupils on vocational learning programmes at sector colleges (e.g. Thames College)
- Linking with The Dallagio Foundation to provide community-based work experience for our young people
- Attending our Post-16 Learning Hub, located in the heart of Putney, close to a range of community facilities
- Organising field work and school visits to a range of locations, from using a local bank to visiting the BBC
- Arranging a regular programme of visiting speakers and opportunities for our pupils to meet members of different communities
- Providing opportunities for charity involvement and volunteering in the community