Priory Lodge School is led by a very strong senior management team with over 20 years’ experience working with children with autism. Our experienced staff team of over 60 people is at the heart of Priory Lodge School’s success.
Specialist, skilled staff
We believe it’s not only important for the staff at Priory Lodge School to be education specialists, but that they also understand autism. As such:
- All our senior managers have experience in Special Educational Needs (SEN), particularly Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Most educational staff have had previous experience working within SEN /ASD
- All educational staff participate in a comprehensive autism-specific induction programme
- Many of our Learning Support Assistants (LSAs) have a degree
- Our Therapy Team, led by the Therapy Manager, comprises SALTs, OTs, a Counsellor and a Student Wellbeing Lead.
Specialist autism training
All Priory Lodge School staff participate in in-house training around ASD and Asperger syndrome, as well as a broad range of mandatory training units.
All teachers at Priory Lodge School have additional training and experience in teaching students with social communication disorder and complex SEN (including ASD, ADHD, speech and language therapy needs and occupational therapy needs).
Our teachers are experienced at working collaboratively with the therapy team including: speech and language therapists, occupational therapists. This practice of working helps ensure that therapy informs teaching and teaching informs therapy.
Priory Lodge School works in partnership with Central HR to complete rigorous safeguarding checks for all newly appointed staff. This includes appropriate employment checks and an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure.
A commitment to training
The school recognises that training is a continuous process. All Priory Lodge School staff undertake a variety of training on an ongoing basis, including:
- Mandatory training during a staff induction attended by every employee, which includes Level 2 in Autism Education Training (AET)
- Mandatory training through INSET days which are planned and developed to support national and local policy and procedures
- Priory Group Academy - this e-learning programme covers modules covering essential knowledge and understanding, which are set on a rolling basis
- The Priory Group can support staff to attend further training, related to their area of work (i.e. staff member supported by the company to study for an MA in Autism)
Key contact details
For general enquiries, please contact:
T: 020 8392 4410
To contact the Headteacher:
Headteacher, Priory Lodge School
T: 020 8392 4410