Priory College South Wales provides a safe and supportive environment set within the grounds of a mainstream college, with specialist facilities for therapy and support.
Within this environment students are encouraged to:
- Explore their own experience of Asperger Syndrome and develop strategies for managing their condition as part of their lives
- Work towards and increase independent living skills
- Appreciate and celebrate the value of the diversity that they bring to the college community and to society
- Develop strategies for clear communication so that staff and other students have a better understanding of their complexities
- Make informed choices regarding their lifestyle
At the end of the study programme, students will have increased their potential and be better prepared to move on to the next step in their independence pathway, be that in higher education, employment, supported accommodation or independent living within the community.