Orchard House, located in Essex, is part of the Priory’s specialist Education and Children’s Service, Orchard House is a registered home for up to 5 young people aged 11 to 18 years, In certain circumstances we may be able to accept children of a younger age but this will depend on each individual and our matching criteria. We offer children and young people with social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) difficulties in a supportive and nurturing environment.
Working in partnership with Barnardos, the home will provide:
- A direct therapeutic service to young people
- An experienced therapist
- Specialist clinical and managerial supervision and advice
- Ongoing assessment with agreed outcomes
- Active consultation with the young people
- On-site advice and guidance from our specialist workers and staff
- Regular progress reports on each young person
- Training and support services for staff working on-site
- Development of measures to demonstrate staff training progress
- A dedicated risk management programme
- Individualised programmes based on up-to-date research tailored to each young person
We do not have on site education provisions at Orchard House, but the homes staff will support the young people to access the local mainstream schools and colleges.
AIM 2 assessment by Barnardo's
If an assessment has not already taken place, the therapist from Barnardo’s will undertake an AIM 2 assessment. This is to identify the levels of risk and the intervention work required to ensure the young people move on to lead a non-abusive lifestyle.
Get in touch
To find out more about Orchard House, to request a Statement of Purpose or for further information on the residential services we provide for young people at Priory Education and Children’s Services, please click here to make an enquiry or alternatively call our helpful team today on 0118 970 8068.