Orchard House, located in Essex, is a care home specialising in providing a therapeutic intervention service for males aged 8-18 years who have, or are likely to demonstrate, sexually harmful behaviours.
Working in partnership with Barnardos, the home will provide:
- A direct therapeutic service to young people
- An experienced therapist
- Specialist clinical and managerial supervision and advice
- Ongoing assessment with agreed outcomes
- Active consultation with the young people
- On-site advice and guidance from our specialist workers and staff
- Regular progress reports on each young person
- Training and support services for staff working on-site
- Development of measures to demonstrate staff training progress
- A dedicated risk management programme
- Individualised programmes based on up-to-date research tailored to each young person
On-site education services
Young people are supported to access education and will attend our on-site school. They will be supported by qualified teachers, LSAs and support workers to access the national curriculum and achieve educational success.
AIM 2 assessment by Barnardo's
If an assessment has not already taken place, the therapist from Barnardo’s will undertake an AIM 2 assessment. This is to identify the levels of risk and the intervention work required to ensure the young people move on to lead a non-abusive lifestyle.
Get in touch
To find out more about Orchard House or for further information on the residential services we provide for young people at Priory Education and Children’s Services, please click here to make an enquiry or alternatively call our helpful team today on 0118 970 8068.