Students at North Hill House School are encouraged to work towards a range of academic and vocational qualifications and accreditations. We support young people to study on courses, including:
- Functional skills
- Entry level
- APT Awards
On talking about her child’s achievement one parent commented that:
“What was truly remarkable is the effect it had on his mood. He allowed me to take him for lunch at Black Swan Arts and he was so chatty and cheerful - and when we got home it continued. He joined me in the garden and we shared various music videos on our phones! I haven't had such a good day with him for years, literally. It was delightful and so is he. He's still in a really good mood now, so I hope it will continue.”
The school has a sustained track record of students achieving accreditation and making a successful transition to further education.
In 2019, there were five Y11 students. Of the four students who sat formal examinations:
- 100% achieved a GCSE / Functional Skills qualification in English
- 75% achieved a pass in English at grade 4-9 / Level 2
- 75% achieved a GCSE / Functional Skills qualification in Maths
- 75% achieved a GCSE / Functional Skills qualification at grade 4-9 / Level 2
- 50% achieved a double award in Science at grade 4-9
- 50% achieved five or more GCSEs at grade 1-9
- 50% achieved six or more qualifications
Two students are now following A Level courses and a further two are in post-16 education.