Newbury Manor School welcomes international students. Our Tier 4 status means we are registered to provide education and residential care for young people from around the world.
A respectful environment
The school is respectful of individuals’ cultural, language and religious needs. We are able to meet the needs of a diverse pupil population and support those of various backgrounds to maintain their cultural and religious practices, including:
- Catering for young people who require a special or halal diet
- Facilitating prayer during the school day
- Helping students to access local places of worship
- Support students to celebrate religious holidays
Ensuring a smooth welcome for international students
Staff are trained ahead of the arrival of an international student to ensure they are aware of and able to meet any specific needs that the young person may have. We are also able to put parents/carers in touch with a range of recommended support services to help make the admissions process as smooth as possible for international students. These include:
- Airport pick-ups
- Trained and qualified chaperones to accompany children when travelling
- Assistance with organising visas for the young person
- Additional English language tuition
- Assistance with finding local accommodation for family when visiting their child
Supporting students with English as an additional language (EAL)
Newbury Manor School seeks to ensure that those pupils with EAL are not disadvantaged by their language difficulties and are provided with high quality support to ensure they have equal access to learning as their peers.