Located in Orpington, Kent House School (formerly part of Partnerships in Care) is an Independent registered school (Ofsted rated-Good) providing education services to young people aged 12-18 years with a range of complex psychological difficulties who have been admitted to Kent House Hospital under section 3 of the Mental Health Act.
We recognise the importance of education to young people at a difficult point in their lives. Each young person’s needs are different and so we offer a personalised programme within a group context, supporting their individual learning needs through a robust vocational and academic provision.
The education team are all qualified teachers with a breadth of experience of teaching within mainstream, special and hospital education settings and who can offer subject specialisms across Key Stages 3-5.
We offer a broad and balanced curriculum with the opportunity of accessing a variety of learning experiences, in line with Independent School Standards and Ofsted guidelines.
We support young people aged 12 -18:
- Who are admitted under the terms of the Mental Health Act
- With a wide range of complex mental health, emotional, social and behavioural difficulties who may be vulnerable and who may have experienced a fragmented mainstream education.
- Who may have an additional diagnosis of neuro-developmental disorders such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) or who may present with ASD
- Who may present with challenging behaviours, and/or pose a serious risk to themselves or others
Therapeutic environment - At Kent House we offer:
- An Ofsted registered school on the Hospital site which offers a full- time education programme ( 5 days a week) enabling our students to access a range qualifications and follow a personalised curriculum
- The school has a shared OT kitchen, Art facilities and a Gymnasium
- One Hospital ward, supporting Acute and rehabilitation needs, set within in a rural environment, with close links and transport to the local community and amenities
- Each inpatient has their own room with en-suite bathroom
- Each ward has a recreation area
We work towards supporting our young people to access:
- Independent living skills
- Healthy lifestyles groups
- Team and racquet sports
- Music, arts and crafts
- Volunteering in the community, if appropriate
Get in touch
To find out more about Kent House School or for further information on the education and residential services we provide for young people at Priory Education and Children’s Services, please click here to make an enquiry or alternatively call our helpful team today on 0118 970 8068.