Located in Attleborough near Norwich, Ofsted registered Ellingham School (formerly part of Partnerships in Care) provides education for all young people admitted to Ellingham Hospital, where they will have the opportunity to continue with educational provision tailored to their needs.
We recognise the importance of education to young people at a difficult point in their lives. Each young person’s needs are different and so we offer an individualised programme within a group context.
Our teachers have a rich experience of mainstream, special and hospital education across Key Stages and have expertise teaching different subjects in a range of settings.
We offer a broad and balanced curriculum with a variety of learning experiences at each site, in line with QNIC recommendations.
We support young people aged 12 - 25:
- With a wide range of complex mental health, emotional, social and behavioural difficulties and may be vulnerable
- Who may have an additional diagnosis of neuro-developmental disorders such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Who may present with challenging behaviours, and/or are a serious risk to themselves or others
- Who may be admitted under the terms of the Mental Health Act
Education and life skills
- Curriculum subjects include English, Maths and ICT, and nationally-recognised qualifications
- Vocational skills and independent living
- Developing and pursuing areas of interest and hobbies
- One-to-one and group sessions to address individual needs
- Purpose-built homely residence with close links and transport to the local community and amenities
- An outdoor sports area
- Ofsted registered school on site where residents can achieve qualifications and follow a personalised curriculum
- The school also has a kitchen and workshop area
- Team and racquet sports
- Forest walks
- Music, arts and crafts
- Visits to the local gym
- Volunteering and outings in the community
Get in touch
To find out more about Ellingham School or for further information on the education and residential services we provide for young people at Priory Education and Children’s Services, please click here to make an enquiry or alternatively call our helpful team today on 0118 970 8068.