Eastwood Grange works with associated Priory Group services to provide a range of educational and residential services, including:
- One main school site
- Three associated children’s homes
Supporting young people to reach their potential
Eastwood Grange provides our young people with highly personalised curriculum offers, delivered by expert and experienced staff and full use of a therapeutic team to help identify need and drive the package on offer. By creating a bespoke package during admissions, Eastwood Grange School is able to support young people to reach their potential and prepare them for life beyond their formative years in society.
Small class sizes
We maintain small class sizes in order to provide highly tailored teaching. Classes have a maximum of six students, with at least one teacher and a teaching assistant in each group. Depending on the needs of the young people, other staff are on hand to provide individual support where required, in some cases providing 2:1 support. Needs for further support are often assessed for this prior to entering the school.
Keeping parents/carers informed
We understand the important role that strong, two-way communication between school and home plays in a young person’s development. Eastwood Grange strives to build strong relationships with our young people’s families in a variety of ways, including:
- Form tutors will phone a student’s parent / carer at least once per week or more often
- Therapy team support sessions for families
- Staff-supported visits home for the young person
- An open house policy where visits to the school are welcomed
- Formal parent / carer meetings
- Annual review meetings
We are highly flexible approach in providing support and aim to go the extra mile, to make a difference to our young people and their families. For example, school staff drove a young person to visit his brother in hospital, collecting parents and bringing them to visit the school as they were unable to organise their own transport.
A therapeutic, educational environment for our young people
Investing in giving young people good quality facilities reflects our wish to make them feel valued and grows their respect for their surroundings. For this reason, Eastwood Grange has recently completed a significant programme of development and refurbishment, with great care and attention given to creating a high quality learning environment for our students. We have a very reactive maintenance team who are able to repair any damage quickly.
Features of our school include:
- A peaceful countryside setting in 14 acres of land with lots of wide open spaces
- Soft play room for the young people, with every classroom having a break-out space
- A common room with sofa, pool table and refreshment facilities
- A sensory room with a range of equipment including bubble tube, fibre optics and projector
- Interactive touch screen boards in all classrooms
- Classrooms created with a calm interior to ensure the right learning environment
- Specialist DT room
- Specialist food technology room
- Specialist science lab
- Specialist construction building
- Music classroom
- Outdoor classroom
- Stainless steel catering kitchen
- Large indoor sports barn
- An outdoor activities area
Many of our students have had a difficult, often unsupportive, environment and experience in education prior to arriving at Eastwood Grange School. We recognise and value both academic and personal achievement as it boosts young people’s confidence and self-esteem. We seek to recognise students’ progress with our awards and WAMS (worth a mention) system.