Pupils achieve well at Coxlease School because teachers ensure that they are entered for appropriate qualifications and are well prepared for them.
In 2014/15, Coxlease pupils made good, and in some cases outstanding, progress in academic qualifications that had been carefully chosen to provide them with a good grounding in key skills, as well as the opportunity to pursue their passions.
Overall, pupils made good progress in their functional skills and ASDAN qualifications, which demonstrate their skills in personal and social development. In 2014 and 2015, the majority of pupils who took these qualifications, including at Levels 1 and 2, were successful.
Standout achievements in 2014/15 include:
- 100% of young people achieved qualifications in English & Maths
- 100% of pupils accessed regular key worker sessions
- 100% of young people took part in house meetings or school council meetings
- 100% of young people who attended their review meeting contributed to their own target setting
- 0% of young people were NEET (Not in Education, Employment or Training) when leaving Coxlease School
- Pupils achieved an average of five qualifications each