“Teaching is outstanding because teachers impart their subject knowledge well and in a way that is accessible to pupils”
Ofsted July 2017
A broad and balanced curriculum
Coxlease School offers pupils a broad and balanced curriculum, based on the National Curriculum guidelines. By offering such a diverse range of subjects, we allow our pupils to gain expertise in both non-core and vocational subjects. The following table summarises the subjects offered at Coxlease School and the levels up to which they are taught:
For further curriculum details, please click here.
The 14-19 curriculum
We offer a comprehensive 14-19 curriculum for pupils in Key Stage 4 and above, including options both at Coxlease School itself and at local colleges. Pupils can choose from a variety of different pathways, including:
- ASDAN awards
- Duke of Edinburgh
- Other external examinations
We have two Post-16 learning facilities, The Hub and The Skills Centre
The Hub offers offers a range of academic and construction-based training opportunities for those who have previously left school with no qualifications and no incentive to continue their learning.
The Skills Centre, is designed to support young people aged 16 years and over to meet their ambitions and provide them with the necessary support on their journey to independence. It offers Hair and Beauty, Hospitality and Catering and other vocational and academic qualifications.
An enriched curriculum
We further enrich the curriculum we offer at Coxlease School through a range of following schemes and activities. These include:
- Young Enterprise – a business scheme
- Challenge Coxlease - various sporting and personal challenges set throughout the year
- Curriculum theme days - regular cross-curricular themed days (e.g. Forest day, Round the world in six hours and Urban Arts)
- Celebration days - celebrating our pupils’ achievements, as well as acknowledging key national and international events
- Work experience - all Key Stage 4 and 5 pupils are offered work experience placements with a variety of local businesses
“Pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is very strong and interwoven throughout the school’s broad, exciting and enriched curriculum”