Located on the Derbyshire and Staffordshire border, Chessington House is a spacious and nurturing children’s home.
We support young people aged 8-17 years with an autistic spectrum disorder (ASD) and childhood traumas.
Supporting the needs of the young people
At Chessington House, the dedicated and skilled staff team take a child-centred approach to care. We put the needs, interests and aspirations of each young person at the heart of all that we do and ensure they have a childhood that everyone deserves. The children’s home has a strong focus on building self-esteem, confidence, achieving positive outcomes and developing the skills required for young people to successfully transition to further independence and adult life.
The range of services and facilities available at Chessington House includes:
- A safe and homely environment, within a quiet and rural location
- Accommodation comprising of 6 individual bedrooms, which the young people are encouraged to personalise
- A range of spacious facilities, including 2 lounges, a dining room, a family-style kitchen and an arts and crafts room
- Large gardens and fields beyond the property
- A well-qualified and experienced staff team
- Individualised care plans and a focus on developing daily living skills
- Strong links with local education provisions, including Priory’s Sketchley School
- A wide range of planned on-site and community-based activities
Watch our site tour video
By clicking on the image below, you will receive an online site tour of Chessington House. Discover what facilities are available for the children and young people to enjoy, and also view examples of our bedrooms.
Get in touch
To find out more about Chessington House, to request a Statement of Purpose or for further information on the residential services we provide for young people at Priory Education and Children’s Services, please click here to make an enquiry or alternatively call our helpful team today on 0118 970 8068.