Residential care and support is provided for learners in small homes located in the town of Southport. The homes are available for 38 or 52 week provision and respite during term time or holidays. The time within the homes are well structured and provide a safe and supportive environment for learning, relaxation and meeting any specific care needs.
Our residential services include:
- 38 and 52 week placements available
- Number of students sharing homes is tailored to meet their individual needs
- Accessible accommodation available
- Students supported to take responsibility for tasks around the home, including preparing meals and personal care
- Students supported to access the community safely, including a variety of leisure activities
Each learner is allocated a residential key worker who will liaise with the learner’s tutor to develop their Individual Support and Education Plan, which is used consistently throughout the extended curriculum. The extended curriculum over evenings and weekends is vital in supporting and continuing the learning opportunities with the formal curriculum.
This covers areas including:
- Health and emotional wellbeing
- Personal care
- Household tasks
- Preparing meals
- Leisure activities
As part of developing the college’s residential offer, we have put in place provision that continues to support young people after their college placement ends. We have young people on both supported living and residential placements who receive the benefits of consistency, as well as being able to continue accessing the college’s resources.